For as long as I can remember, I’ve put pen to paper, using words to make sense of the world around me, to dig deep and express myself, and to playfully create.
As a child, I wrote adventure stories. As a teen, I joined the ranks of anguished poetry writers. And as a young adult, I used my journal to explore what it meant to feel different.
But it wasn’t until my late twenties that I began to believe that I could actually “be” a writer. With a group of women writers, I started exploring writing as a means of creative expression. The support and praise I received from the group allowed me to take next steps: writing for publication and eventually becoming self-employed as a professional writer.
Over the course of 15 years, my business has now expanded to fulfill a deeper calling of mine; supporting and inspiring others who long to create but might be stymied by lack of time, lack of confidence, or an inner critic gone wild.
Other things you might find interesting?
- I do my best writing in the early morning hours with a cup of black tea.
- I work in what our family fondly calls “The Garden House,” a sweet little writing studio in our backyard.
- I got my first library card when I was two.
- I have two very large and heavy boxes filled with old journals.
- The writing teachers who most inspire me are Anne Lamott, Natalie Goldberg, and Julia Cameron.
- I usually have at least three books on the go, and a much larger pile of unread books that seems to be constantly growing!
How we can work together:
I write things that I hope you might enjoy reading. Subscribe to my website to read my writing, hot off the press. My subscribers also get first dibs and special discounts on new programs.
I offer a FREE 9-Day Writing Challenge if you want to initiate a daily creative practice that will inspire and delight you.
If your dream is to write a book, I would be honoured to be your Writing Mentor and your companion on one of the most important journeys of your life.
And if you’ve finished a book and need an experienced and intuitive eye to bring you closer to publication, I offer a comprehensive Manuscript Review service.