For as long as I can remember, I’ve put pen to paper, using words to make sense of the world around me, to dig deep and express myself, and to playfully create.
As a child, I wrote adventure stories. As a teen, I joined the ranks of anguished poetry writers. And as a young adult, I used my journal to explore what it meant to feel different.
But it wasn’t until my late twenties that I began to believe that I could actually “be” a writer. With a group of women writers, I started exploring writing as a means of creative expression. The support and praise I received from the group allowed me to take next steps: writing for publication and eventually becoming self-employed as a professional writer.
Over the course of nearly 20 years, my business has now expanded to fulfill a deeper calling of mine; supporting and inspiring those who long to create but might be stymied by lack of time, lack of confidence, or an inner critic gone wild. I love accompanying other seekers and creatives through my blog posts and my writing programs. I have also published a book: Writing Your Way: A 40-Day Path of Self-Discovery.
Other things you might find interesting?
- I do my best writing in the early morning hours with a cup of black tea
- I work in what our family fondly calls “The Garden House,” a sweet little writing studio in our backyard
- I got my first library card when I was two
- Aside from reading and writing, one of my favourite things to do is go for long walks (I am planning to do the Camino in 2024!)
- I LOVE Pickleball and have made many new friends since discovering the game a few years ago
- We have a “Book Nook“ (a little free library) in front of our house that brings me never-ending delight